The purpose of ISO 22000:2018 is to empower you to develop a robust Food Safety Management System that drives continuous improvement of all processes with an impact on the safety of food end-products. Whether you’re a farmer, or a food manufacturer, processor, importer, supplier or retailer, QVC’s ISO 22000 certification and auditing services enable you to secure market access and demonstrate that you embrace a culture of food safety excellence.
Certification includes primary producers in the agrarian sector, including manufacturing, transport and distribution companies, to retail, restaurants and canteens. Outside this direct food chain, the standard is intended for production and service providers, whose activities or products are related to food safety. This includes, for example, the production of tools, machinery and equipment, packaging, additives, cleaning and disinfectants used in the food and agrarian sectors, organizations providing sanitation, rodent control and disinfection.
Information on co-existing period and validity of certificates issued as per ISO 22000:2005 and timelines for transition to new version
- The new version ISO 22000:2018 has got published on June 18th, 2018
- Transition period started on 18.06.2018 and will be over on 18.06.2021
- The validity of certificates issued according to the standards ISO 22000: 2005 is set in parallel – i.e. until 18.6.2021 at the latest
- Certification and recertification of management systems according to ISO 22000: 2005 will take place no later than 18.6.2020
- We recommend to all those interested in certification and recertification to plan in time to implement the requirements of ISO 22000: 2018 into their food safety management system.