Placing the UKCA marking
In most cases, Manufacturer must apply the UKCA marking to the product itself or to the packaging. In some cases, it may be placed on the manuals or on other supporting literature. This will vary depending on the specific regulations that apply to the product.
The UKCA marking must be clearly visible and legible when you affix it to the product. If this is not possible, you must attach it to the packaging (if any) or accompanying documents.
UKCA markings must only be placed on a product by you as the manufacturer or your authorized representative (where permitted in the relevant legislation).
When affixing the UKCA marking, Manufacturer/Exporter take full responsibility that product is in conformity with the requirements of the relevant legislation.
Manufacturer/Exporter must only use the UKCA marking to demonstrate conformity with the relevant UK legislation.
Manufacturer/Exporter must not place any marking or sign that may misconstrue the meaning or form of the UKCA marking to third parties.
Manufacturer/Exporter must not attach other markings on the product which affect the visibility, legibility or meaning of the UKCA marking.
The UKCA marking cannot be placed on products unless there is a specific requirement to do so in the legislation.
A product may have additional markings and marks, as long as they:
- fulfil a different function from that of the UKCA marking
- are not likely to cause confusion with the UKCA marking
- do not reduce the legibility and visibility of the UKCA marking
Rules for using the UKCA image
Manufacturer/Exporter must make sure that:
- if Manufacturer/Exporter reduce or enlarge the size of marking, the letters forming the UKCA marking must be in proportion to the version set out below
- the UKCA marking is at least 5mm in height – unless a different minimum dimension is specified in the relevant legislation
the UKCA marking is easily visible, legible
The UKCA marking can take different forms (for example, the colour does not have to be solid), as long as it remains visible, legible and maintains